Monday, January 23, 2012

Blog Post 1

 BACKGROUND ABOUT ME
 My name is Kabrina Harris,I live in Saraland,Alabama.Sarland is located in north mobile. A few of my interests are listening to music and reading books. I listen to classic R&B music whenever I am not working, at school or taking care of my son.I also try to read at least 3 books a month. One of my favorite author is Sharon Draper. I love her writing style mainly because she writes about subject that I can relate to. I attended Bishop State Community College for two years before coming to USA. I chose USA college of education because its close to my house and I am not really ready to move away from my family.
  I currently work part time at a local Wal-mart and attend USA as a full time student .In the fall of last year I became a proud first time mother of a baby boy.When I'm not at school or work I try to spend as much time with him as possible.One of the main reason that I want to enter into the education field is because I love children. Although teachers don't get paid a lot and they  have to work very hard I still believe that there are some good reason to become a teacher. Making a differences in a child's life is a very good reason to become a teacher. Another reason good perk is that teachers don't work weekend or holidays. Having those days off will give me time to spend with my family.
I have a strong passions for cooking. I'm a new mom so I am trying to learn how to cook. I love finding new recipes to cook. I am eager to learn how to cook from stretch and create new dishes.

Time Management 

 Randy Pausch time management video taught me a few pointers. The most important thing that I learned from the video is to work on the harder task first then do the easier ones. I tend to put the harder task off til later and run out of time because I waited to late to do them.  He also help me realize that I should treat time the same way that I treat money.


4 comments:

  1. I like that you are wanting to teach so that you can make a difference in a child's life. Most people don't want to consider teaching because of the salary, but I agree with you that there are greater rewards in teaching than just money. I also enjoyed the Randy Pausch video and picked up on what he said about treating time like money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three books a month! Great!

    You need to carefully proofread your posts. For example:
    "I have a strong passions for cooking." Since you use a, passion must be singular.
    "I am eager to learn how to cook from stretch..." I think you meant from scratch.
    "He also help me realize..." should be he also helped me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to EDM 310! Prepare for a semester of learning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed seeing who you are after talking to you in class the past couple of times. I see that you love your son so much and I hope to have that joy someday. I think that you have great content in your post. Some of the grammar is not correct and there are a few words that need to be capitalized. Other than that, I think you are headed in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete